One of my favorite things is buffalo chicken. I don't know why I love it so much, but... it is what it is. Buffalo chicken dip was a staple in my eating routines. It's great for so many things...
- On a Sandwich
- For Dinner
- Appetizer for Parties
- As a toast topping
- and so much more!
We typically eat our buffalo chicken dip with cucumbers and pita chips or crackers. This time around, due to the gluten we ate it with cucumbers, rice crackers and Nabisco Rice Thins (which are amazing if you haven't tried them.)
Want the recipe? Here you go...
What you will need:
- (2) 10-oz Cans of Chicken (or fresh chicken shredded)
- 4-oz of Shredded Dairy Free Cheddar Cheese (we used Daiya)*
- 8-oz Dairy Free Chive & Garlic Cream Cheese Alternative (we used Go Veggie)**
- 1/3 Cup Dairy Free Sour Cream Alternative (we used Tofutti Better than Sour Cream)
- 1/3 Cup Frank's Red Hot (Original NOT Buffalo)
- 1 Tbsp Lemon Juice
- Salt & Pepper to Taste
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- In large bowl mix Cheese, Sour Cream, Cream Cheese, Chicken & Lemon juice until it is blended thoroughly.
- Add Frank's Red Hot to the mixture and mix well. Adding Frank's last helps from swishing the liquid out of the bowl when stirring.
- Spoon mixture into oven safe 8x8 casserole dish. (It is best to use a glass dish- not metal)
- Sprinkle Salt, Pepper and any additional shredded cheese over the top as desired.
- Bake in oven for 25-30 minutes or until cooked through. You will start to see the buffalo chicken dip bubble when done.
- Serve with assorted dippers. Suggestions: Veggies, Rice Crackers or Corn Chips
* You can also use Mozzarella if cheddar is not available.
** I originally intended to buy the plain version of this cream cheese alternative.... but grabbed the wrong one (packaging was a little confusing). However... it was a happy accident, the chive & garlic tasted just fine in this recipe.
I am hoping to figure out a lower fat version of this recipe but for now... this will work to aid my buffalo chicken cravings :)