Wednesday, May 28, 2014

Locks of Love

I have had long hair for most of my life. I have a love/hate relationship with my hair mainly because its in between curly and straight, but not quite the desirable wavy either. What I can say about my hair is that it's strong and thick. Perfect for making wigs.

Last year at some point I decided it would be a good idea to donate my hair to Locks of Love. And then... the world started spinning faster and about 8 months went by and I still didn't donate. In a way... that was a good thing because I also didn't get a hair cut. Sheesh. Well I finally did it.


You can see by the awful pictures I took exactly how long (and scraggly) it really was... I donated just about a foot of hair. It's a lot easier to take a picture of yourself when your hair is just that much shorter...
Locks of Love :: foxwithglasses.blogspot.com

For those of you who aren't familiar with Locks of Love, it's a great non-profit organization that provides hairpieces to financially disadvantaged children in the United States and Canada under age 21 suffering from long-term medical hair loss from any diagnosis. For full information on how you can help, please visit their website.

No comments :

Post a Comment