Wednesday, November 27, 2013

ETSY: Holiday Shopping, Handmade Style

As most of you know, I am addicted to browsing around on Etsy. It is so inspiring to see all the beautiful handmade work out there. I often have trouble deciding what to buy. I thought I would share a few of my favorite shops with you just before the holiday shopping season kicks off!

Accessories:

photo via milloo

Milloo

This shop has fantastic bags and cosmetic pouches. All hand sewn in Greece, the quality is outstanding. I already own two of these bags and can tell you they hold up fantastically. Their customer service is friendly and informative. Good luck picking just one!
photo via Remixed by Jacki

Remixed By Jacki 

This shop is great for infinity scarves, scarflette (as shown to the left) as well as head scarves and other adorable accssories. Based out of New England, this shop is great for holiday presents for anyone on your list. I own many Remixed by Jacki items- there is something to go with any outfit, and the yarn scarflettes are so soft and cozy, you won't want to take it off!
photo via Foodphyte

Foodphyte 

I can personally vouch for these aprons. I own one that I had ordered a few years ago for when working at craft fairs. It is literally the perfect apron. The aprons come in a variety of styles, colors and patterns. Plus, if you need to customize it to your needs, those options are available too. These are great for the kitchen, garden or craft room. Plus these aprons have been seen on Cupcake Wars!
photo via SeoulLittle

SeoulLittle 

This cute little ampersand has been on my wish list for a while now. I have been admiring the shop from afar. The shop is full of tiny little treasures, you are sure to find something you love.

Art, Photography or Prints:

photo via Dirty Bandits

I absolutely love the "calendar of silly holidays" - but this shop is full of so much more. With a focus on typography and silly design, there is something in this shop that is sure to grab your attention. Plus- they have adorable wooden signs that are a great accessory to any christmas tree (or anywhere else that suits your fancy.)
photo via Stamp and Note Photo

Stamp and Note Photo

A Massachusetts based photographer that offers photo cards, prints and magnets. Her photography is crisp, refreshing and a delight to the eye. The prints would make a great addition to any home. Don't know where you'd hang one? Maybe the photo cards are for you. All cards come with a forever stamp, so its ready to send to whom ever you wish! These make great holiday cards for everyone.
photo via 1canoe2

1canoe2 

I first saw these guys at the National Stationery show this year. Their booth looked amazing. The shop is full of letterpress goodness as well as simple elegant illustrations. It's full of great gift ideas from cards and recipe cards, to calendars and art prints. I have a hard time deciding which is my favorite! Although I am pretty sure that one of their recipe cards will end up on my wedding registry eventually!
photo via PhotographyDream

Photography Dream 

This shop is based out of Paris. Its "Small Trades" series (example to the left) are my favorite. They would be perfect as a grouping together or just one by itself in a studio space. The shop offers more than just prints and even custom sizes if you wish.
photo via The Art of Michelle

The Art of Michelle 

Let me start by saying... this girl has some major talent. I admire when someone can accomplish the amount of detail that she can, and with watercolors at that! What I love about this shop is the custom house prints. She takes custom orders, but there is a waiting list. You may not make it in time for this holiday season.

Home Decor & More:

photo via dahlhaus

This shop is often found on treasuries on the front page and I find myself clicking through, every time. I think its the beautiful simplicity that draws me in. Perfect for anywhere in your home.
photo via Citizens Collectibles

Citizens Collectibles 

I first laid eyes on these cute little guys when a "citizen" that looked like D landed in my feed. (check it out... here). How cute are these guys? Thrown them on a couch or a shelf or anywhere in your home. They are customizable to make them look like your family!
photo via Room for Emptiness

Room for Emptiness 

Simple black and white is offset by the amount of detail in these pieces. Hand painted plates cups and more would make a great addition to anyones china cabinet.
photo via Butterscotch Beestings

Butterscotch & Beestings 

I love the randomness of this shop! Circus inspired housewares that are sure to make you smile. For people that know me, I have a slight obsession with pillows (you can never have too many) and this is what brought me to this shop. To my surprise- they had much more than just pillow. Go take a look!
So thats what I have for you thus far. I have been working on a Christmas list like this, hopefully will post soon. Do you have some favorite Etsy shops that you would love to share? Post a comment with your favorites (or your own shop). I would love to check them out!

No comments :

Post a Comment