Thursday, October 31, 2013

FOXY: Happy Halloween! Felt Fox Mask

Happy Halloween! This year is the first year in over 13 years I actually get to relax and celebrate halloween... Why you ask? Well when you work for a party store who's business is at it's craziest during the Halloween season... for the most part I was just exhausted from working extra hours and tired of looking at costumes! This year however, since the company has been sold, there is a little bit of down time in the office to celebrate.

Since I have foxes on the brain... and I have been seeing so many cute handmade felt masks on Etsy (examples here, here, here and here), and the fact that I have piles of felt in every corner and workspace right now... I decided it only made sense to try and make myself a mask.


Once I made my fox on the computer... I broke it down into shapes and printed it out. Then traced it onto the felt, cut and glued! For the ears, I cut triangles out of the left over felt and glued them to a skinny headband. Simple as that. Besides drawing the fox on the computer, the project took less than an hour.



Want to make one?
Of course you do! I did the hard part for you and created the fox pieces. You can make yours out of felt like I did, or simply use the printed pieces to make a paper mask. Once everything is cut and glued, you can add an elastic to the back for wearing, or add a stick on one side for a photo-prop style mask.

With Ears can be downloaded here

Without Ears can be downloaded here


2 comments :

  1. Mistake does not only teach you how to be strong but also hot to stand up again and to do good next time. Visit my site for more information. Have a good day always and thank you for sharing your knowledge and wonderful article to the public. I do hope that you can inspire more readers.

    n8fan.net

    www.n8fan.net

    ReplyDelete
  2. I accidentally viewed your blog and I was so amazed with your work that it touched the deepness of my heart and it made me sentimental. Thanks for posting. Visit my site too.

    n8fan.net

    www.n8fan.net

    ReplyDelete